Whenever my husband and I really want to impress guests, we make this rack of lamb. The marinade keeps the meat juicy and tender while grilling. —Gail Cawsey, Geneseo, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 racks of lamb (1-1/2 to 2 pounds each)
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove 1 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard the marinade. Cover rib ends of lamb with foil . Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer, basting occasionally, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145° for medium-well, 160°). Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Rack of Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p62