Whenever my husband and I really want to impress guests, we make this rack of lamb. The marinade keeps the meat juicy and tender while grilling. —Gail Cawsey, Geneseo, Illinois
Recommended: 38 Greek-Style Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 racks of lamb (1-1/2 to 2 pounds each)
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove 1 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard the marinade. Cover rib ends of lamb with foil . Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer, basting occasionally, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145° for medium-well, 160°). Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Rack of Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p62