I wanted to add a little zip to my grilled cheese so one day I exchanged the butter for some garlic bread spread and added pepperoni. I could not resist seconds. —Jennifer Zuniga, Denver, Colorado
Featured In: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 12 red onion rings
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons garlic spread
- Layer the cheeses, pepperoni and onion on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with garlic spread.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Originally published as Grilled Provolone & Pepperoni in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews forGrilled Provolone & Pepperoni
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2017
"I made these for my family for the 1St time about a month . They loved them and want to have them every week."