- 12 thin slices prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, softened
- 24 fresh asparagus spears (1-1/2 to 2 pounds), trimmed
- Cut each prosciutto slice crosswise in half. Spread each piece with about 1 teaspoon cheese; wrap around an asparagus spear.
- Place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat, seam side down. Grill, covered, until prosciutto is lightly browned, 6-8 minutes, turning once. Yield: 2 dozen
Reviews forGrilled Prosciutto Asparagus
"great flavor combination!"
"Love this with grilled steak"
"We made some with goat cheese and some with cream cheese, and they turned out fantastic! Great recipe!"
"Very good, easy to make."
"Namayna - what temp do you cook at in the oven?"
"I make a similar version of this all time. I use softened cream cheese and I pre-steam the asparagus for about 1 minute, let them cool, then spread the cream cheese on the prosciutto, place 2-3 asparagus on there, and wrap. You don't usually need toothpicks. I do them in the oven on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes. Everyone loves these, a huge hit. I could eat them as a meal, they are so good!"
"My husband and 24 year old son say "Def make again, a winner"! Thank you AZheat on the suggestion on sofieng the cheese to make it easily spreadable, nuked it for 30 seconds and was perfect temp for spreading smoothly on ham. Store only had one bunch of green asparagus so bought bunch of white as well, for first time. Looked and tasted awesome with the mixture of gren & white!!! Awesome!!!"
"This got rave reviews! quick, simple, tasty. Tip: warm the goat cheese to make it spreadable."
"I made this for Easter and it was a bit hit! So simple yet so good!"
"I made this for my husband's birthday ~ my son-in-law doesn't like/eat veggies...he said this was awesome -- the cheese and meat combo had him on the first bite, thank you so much for sharing this great recipe."