Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus Recipe
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1. Cut prosciutto slices in half; spread with cheese. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 asparagus spear: 30 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus
"great flavor combination!"
"Love this with grilled steak"
"We made some with goat cheese and some with cream cheese, and they turned out fantastic! Great recipe!"
"Very good, easy to make."
"Namayna - what temp do you cook at in the oven?"
"I make a similar version of this all time. I use softened cream cheese and I pre-steam the asparagus for about 1 minute, let them cool, then spread the cream cheese on the prosciutto, place 2-3 asparagus on there, and wrap. You don't usually need toothpicks. I do them in the oven on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes. Everyone loves these, a huge hit. I could eat them as a meal, they are so good!"
"My husband and 24 year old son say "Def make again, a winner"! Thank you AZheat on the suggestion on sofieng the cheese to make it easily spreadable, nuked it for 30 seconds and was perfect temp for spreading smoothly on ham. Store only had one bunch of green asparagus so bought bunch of white as well, for first time. Looked and tasted awesome with the mixture of gren & white!!! Awesome!!!"
"This got rave reviews! quick, simple, tasty. Tip: warm the goat cheese to make it spreadable."
"I made this for Easter and it was a bit hit! So simple yet so good!"
"I made this for my husband's birthday ~ my son-in-law doesn't like/eat veggies...he said this was awesome -- the cheese and meat combo had him on the first bite, thank you so much for sharing this great recipe."
"My new favorite grilled appetizer! My husband and I both love this!"
"Excellent!!Made it using an indoor grilling iron on the stove at 4 minutes per side. Made them for side dishes, but they turned out better than the dinner. At 22 servings, they could have easily been the meal!!"