Grilled Potato Skins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 327 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 13, 2014
Delicious! I made them for a family gathering and everyone loved them. Definitely worth the effort.
Jul 3, 2014
Ok these were AMAZING. Followed recipe exactly. The butter mix was a nice addition with seasoning :)
Jun 25, 2014
I make oven fries all the time, I do them 425 oven toss with olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper for about 40 to 45 mins then finish with the chesse
Jun 15, 2014
Could these be baked ? If so what temp & for how long is your guess ? They look great
Jun 12, 2014
Everybody gobbled these up. Delicious! I grilled them in a vegetable basket.
May 26, 2014
Very easy and delicious. Keeper recipe!
Apr 26, 2012
This was delicious, very easy to make. Will absolutely make this over and over again.
Mar 13, 2012
My family and friends love this recipe! It's so easy but they are always impressed like it was hard.
Aug 4, 2010
Great recipe! Crispy potato, melty cheese and yummy bacon, can't go wrong there!
Jun 24, 2010
I loved em. Very easy.