Grilled Potato Skins with Creamy Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Brush butter over shells; top with picante sauce, cheese and bacon bits.
- Grill potatoes, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with potato skins.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 246 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 22, 2015
These are so good, better than any restaurant. I served them as a side with our Father's Day dinner and they were my favorite dish. I used a lasagna size disposable pan to grill them so that I wouldn't lose all the toppings.
Aug 7, 2009
These are AWESOME! Love them.. and extremely easy to make.