Grilled Potato Fans Recipe
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly. Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Insert onions and butter between potato slices. Sprinkle with celery, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Potato Fans
"A very tasty change from your standard baked potatoes. I have also prepared them in the oven by baking them , covered in a 400 degree oven for about 1 hour."
"This is a recipe that is really easy and special. I microwaved the potatoes a few minutes before slicing and loading. Everyone really liked them, and they didn't need any additional butter or seasonings when taken out of the foil."
"excellent and looks great, much better than just baked for parties"