Grilled Potato & Arugula Salad
Looking for a new twist on an old picnic classic? This colorful potato salad has both sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes, fresh greens, some Cajun heat and a cool yogurt dressing. —Nancee Melin, Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Pierce sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes; microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, turning once.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Sprinkle with 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place potato slices on a grilling grid; transfer to grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and remaining Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the arugula, tomatoes, olives, onions and potatoes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 116 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Light & Luscius Arugula Potato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.