Grilled Potato Antipasto Salad
Grilling the potatoes gives them a fresh and interesting flavor. With the sweet peppers, cheeses and meat, the salad is not only colorful, but hearty, too. I've served this warm, cold and at room temperature. It's fabulous at any temp. —Marianna Falce, Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
Makes20 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Scrub potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in a large bowl. Add the oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer potatoes to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 247 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Potato Antipasto Salad in Taste of Home Magazine - Best Loved Recipes 2012