- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the mushrooms; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain mushrooms and discard marinade. Transfer mushrooms to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onion, almonds and grilled mushrooms. Drizzle with reserved marinade; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 129 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
- Jan 14, 2012
I loved this recipe. I made a couple of small changes including changing the onions from red to sweet and frying them until transluscent. I also toasted the almonds. Delicious!
- May 28, 2011
I loved the recipe.