- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the mushrooms; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain mushrooms and discard marinade. Transfer mushrooms to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onion, almonds and grilled mushrooms. Drizzle with reserved marinade; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Portobello Spinach Salad
"I loved this recipe. I made a couple of small changes including changing the onions from red to sweet and frying them until transluscent. I also toasted the almonds. Delicious!"
"I loved the recipe."