You don't miss the meat on this hearty burger. The veggies, mayo and cheese fill you up with plenty of flavor. —Mary Haas, Hewitt, New Jersey
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Brush mushrooms with 4 tablespoons vinaigrette. Grill mushrooms and onion, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Top mushrooms with red peppers, onion and cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread roll bottoms with mayonnaise and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Top with mushrooms; replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Portobello Burgers in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p56
Reviews for Grilled Portobello Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review