Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Peachy Barbecue Sauce
Delish describes this easy-to-do pork tenderloin. It's something different to serve to guests at a cookout rather than the typical burgers or brats. The sweet and tangy sauce can be served with grilled chicken or pork chops too.—Holly Bauer, West Bend, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup cola
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground mustard
- Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag; add cola. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork and discard marinade. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, oregano, thyme and pepper; rub over pork.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. Slice pork; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce: 392 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Cola Brined Pork Tenderloin with Peachy Spiced Barbeque Sauce in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.