- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for sauce.
- Cut pork in half widthwise; cut each half into thin strips. Thread pork strips onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining mixture. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 skewers (1/2 cup sauce).
Reviews forGrilled Pork Tenderloin Satay
"My family loved this - the sauce was delicious! Definitely double the sauce so you have enough for dipping."
"Loved it! Doubled the sauce, but didn't double the oil."
"Was a nice change from the ordinary, taste was different but good. I liked it but hubby and kids not so much. But will not make again."
"This is absolutely delicious, and the sauce is out of this world! I made a triple batch of the sauce, which seemed to be enough."
"We LOVED this recipe! Next time I will double or triple the sauce. There wasn't enough with one batch to baste and have leftovers for dipping. I also soaked the skewers and they still burned. Investing in metal skewers for next time. Served it with fried rice. Delicious!!!"
"Yummy! so easy and tasty. I will definitely make again."
"I made this last night and my family loved it-no leftovers!!"
"This recipe is one of the few that my whole family raves about. That is saying a lot because I have three very picky boys.I also double or triple the the Satay Sauce and freeze it, because we love to eat it on everything.The last time that I made this recipe it I used onion powder and dried minced garlic in the sauce. It was still amazing."