Grilled Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 2-1/3 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1136mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Apr 13, 2016
Excellent! Best pork chops we've ever had
Jul 2, 2013
I grilled pork chops tonight and decided to use THIS recipe/marinade on two of the four chops that I was cooking. My husband absolutely LOVED these. Even my 8 year old son thought they were incredible! I will definitely save this recipe for the future. I served with Southern Corn Casserole and Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette (also a Taste of Home recipe)...you really must try this grilled chop recipe!
Apr 19, 2010
Excellent recipe. BTW there is a typo with the amount of marinade to reserve. It should say 1/3 cup; not 2 1/3.
Sep 8, 2008
I only use 4 chops and only a small amount for basting (and no onion). We LOVE this recipe. It's easy and great flavor!
Jul 9, 2008
I used a fair size onion and still only came up with a little less than 2 cups of marinade - recipe calls for 2 1/3 cups for marinade plus extra to baste - the numbers don't add up! Any suggestions?