Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers Recipe
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1. Cut the top off each pepper and set tops aside. Remove seeds. Stuff peppers with cheese. Replace tops and secure with toothpicks; set aside.
- 2. Combine the seasonings; rub over pork. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Place peppers over indirect heat; heat for 10 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers
"The peppers were too hot for my taste, but the pork was really good."