Grilled Pizza Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices salami
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1. Spread about 2 teaspoons pizza sauce on one side of each slice of bread. Top four slices with the salami, cheese and green pepper. Top with remaining bread; brush the outside of bread with butter. Grill sandwiches on a hot griddle or in a skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Sandwiches
"Yummy! I also have used hamburger and mushrooms in place of the salami and green pepper. Also good in the toaster oven, but omit the butter:)"