Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp
Besides tasting great with shrimp, this pesto can be used on pasta or spread on a portobello mushroom or garlic bread topped with melted mozzarella. —Amy Jo Dale, Long Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pulse just until combined. Transfer 1/3 cup pesto to a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers; place on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 5-6 minutes, turning once. Serve with remaining pesto.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer with about 1 tablespoon pesto: 236 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp in Country Woman June/July 2013