“This fresh-tasting, fruity dessert is one of my very favorites. Warm, sweet, buttery pineapple topped with cold ice cream. Yum! Granola adds a fun crunch.” —Katie Sisson, Valley Park, Missouri
Recommended: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 6 tablespoons granola without raisins
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple slices.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once and basting with remaining butter mixture.
- Place pineapple in dessert bowls; top with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with granola. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple Dessert in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p23
Reviews forGrilled Pineapple Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2011
"This wasn't terrible...just not something that I like enough to make again."