- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
"Delicious. I have made this several times and it never disappoints."
"Nice and simple but had great flavors working together. Will definitely do again"
"Very good sandwich."
"I thought this was great. Since I don't have a grill I cooked them on my griddle. I ate them on a plate with a salad"