For a fun and hearty hand-held summer entree, Sandra Fisher grills up these mouthwatering sandwiches in Kent, Washington. Serve with chips and glasses of iced tea.—Sandra Fisher, Kent, Washington
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p57
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review