For a fun and hearty hand-held summer entree, Sandra Fisher grills up these mouthwatering sandwiches in Kent, Washington. Serve with chips and glasses of iced tea.—Sandra Fisher, Kent, Washington
Recommended: 15 Recipes to Make for Summer Pool Parties
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p57
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2012
"Nice and simple but had great flavors working together. Will definitely do again"
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010
"Very good sandwich."
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2009
"I thought this was great. Since I don't have a grill I cooked them on my griddle. I ate them on a plate with a salad"