Grilled Pear Sundaes Recipe
Who says you can't make dessert on the grill? Our home economists whipped up this comforting treat that's sure to turn heads…and keep healthy-eating commitments. Sweetened with cinnamon-sugar, the warm and tender pear slices are served alongside a little vanilla ice cream.
- 4 medium slightly ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- 2. Cut each pear crosswise into six slices. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and pepper; sprinkle over pears. Grill pears, covered, over indirect medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 3. For each serving, arrange four pear slices on a plate with 1/3 cup ice cream; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 150 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Grilled Pear Sundaes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC