Grilled Peaches with Brandy Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 20 min.
- Maple grilling plank
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Soak grilling plank in water for 1 hour.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in brandy; set aside.
- Place plank on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat for 3 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the wood begins to crackle. (This indicates the plank is ready.)
- Place peaches on plank. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-23 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with brandy sauce. Top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with remaining brandy sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2012
What is a Maple Grilling Plank please? Would like to try recipe but I have never heard of this item and where might I get one. Thanks, Marilyn
May 28, 2012
My family really liked this recipe. I give it a 5 star review.