Grilled Orange Flank Steak
I've been experimenting with marinades for years. This recipe is the result of the combined efforts of several friends and a few cookbook recipes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian or Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl; Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add beef to the bowl; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once.
Originally published as Grilled Orange Flank Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips