- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small saucepan, combine juice, sugars and salt; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until mixture reaches a glaze consistency. Remove from heat; stir in mustard and orange peel.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with some of the sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Orange Chicken Thighs
"This sauce was amazing! It would be great on pork and shrimp too. YUM!"
"We really enjoyed this. It took a few extra minutes for the sauce to reach glaze consistency but it turned out quite well."
"The sauce is too thin. I simmered it for an hour, and finally just thickened with some powdered xanthum gum. After thickening, it was great.We put it over some chicken drumsticks cooked on the grill. A great summertime recipe."
"My husband could not stop raving about this dish. I cooked the thighs in a skillet, adding the glaze at the end. Luckily I prepared the full glaze recipe. Since I only prepared enough thighs for the two of us and refrigerated the extra glaze, most of the prep will be done when I next serve this meal. I'm pretty certain he would be happy to have it again tomorrow!One tip: after dirtying a couple of extra utensils, I realized that the mustard would clump unless whisked into the hot liquid."
"This recipe was a big hit! The glaze turned out perfectly and with the addition of the Dijon mustard, it wasn't too sweet. I would definitely make this again!"