Grilled Orange Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh orange segments
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a resealable plastic; add chicken and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat on metal or soaked wood skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear, turning often.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 192 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2016
I thought this was very bland. It should be marinated 6 hours or overnight. I did prepare in the oven due to the extreme wind. The thyme was very overpowering. I will not attempt this again.
Jun 1, 2014
My husband and I thought that this recipe was outstanding! I marinated the chicken for 6 hours instead of 1 and reduced the amount of cumin to 1/2 tsp. I will definitely be making this again!
May 19, 2012
This is an all-time favorite for our family for years. The only thing I do different is use 1 1/2 lb. chicken. The flavor is unique and delicious! I make it with the Warm Mustard Potato Salad on this website.
Jul 22, 2011
This recipe was very good. I marinated the chicken for maybe 6 hrs. you can taste the orange in the chicken, next time I make this I will marinade the chicken over night and make extra to baste with
Jan 11, 2010
i omitted the salt and it was great will make this again, no left overs!!