- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh orange segments
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat on metal or soaked wood skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear, turning often. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Orange Chicken Strips
"I thought this was very bland. It should be marinated 6 hours or overnight. I did prepare in the oven due to the extreme wind. The thyme was very overpowering. I will not attempt this again."
"My husband and I thought that this recipe was outstanding! I marinated the chicken for 6 hours instead of 1 and reduced the amount of cumin to 1/2 tsp. I will definitely be making this again!"
"i omitted the salt and it was great will make this again, no left overs!!"