Grilled Onion Medley Recipe
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into four wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into four wedges
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onions, leek and garlic. Add oil; toss to coat. Pour into a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-19 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper and paprika. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
3/4 cup: 84 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.