Grilled Meat Loaf is the perfect summertime twist on a comforting family favorite. Shape the meat into loaves and “bake” them on a grill. Ketchup brushed over the meat lends a little sweetness to each slice. —Catherine Carpenter, Barnesville, Ohio
Recommended: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Place a sheet of heavy-duty foil in center of grill. Place meat loaves on foil (do not seal foil).
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; grill meat, covered, over indirect medium heat for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Brush tops with additional ketchup if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
Originally published as Grilled Meat Loaf in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p20
Reviews forGrilled Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"This was good, we enjoyed it!"