Grilled Marjoram Corn
“We love grilled veggies and this recipe is a family favorite,” notes Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. The sweet corn husks are soaked first for precise steaming and served with a tasty marjoram butter.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 24 fresh marjoram sprigs
- Soak corn in cold water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the minced marjoram, lime juice, 1/3 cup butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Combine the remaining butter and salt; spread over corn. Top with marjoram sprigs. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove marjoram sprigs. Serve corn with reserved butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 259 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Marjoram-Scented Corn in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.