“We love grilled veggies and this recipe is a family favorite,” notes Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. The sweet corn husks are soaked first for precise steaming and served with a tasty marjoram butter.
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 24 fresh marjoram sprigs
- Soak corn in cold water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the minced marjoram, lime juice, 1/3 cup butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Combine the remaining butter and salt; spread over corn. Top with marjoram sprigs. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove marjoram sprigs. Serve corn with reserved butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Marjoram Corn in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p58