Grilled Marinated Sirloin
A tasty marinade laced with lime juice is the secret behind this moist and elegant sirloin recipe from our Test Kitchen. You'll enjoy warm-weather entertaining and stay out of a hot kitchen with this grilled summer standout.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large bowl. Add steak; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Baste with reserved marinade during the last 2 minutes of cooking.