Its so light, delicious, easy to make, and not to mention healthy! Mango and Avocado is simply the best combination you could ever make. A big hit with all my family and friends! —Amy Liesemeyer, Tucson, Arizona
Featured In: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium firm mangoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint, optional
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each mango. Standing mango upright, slice off a large section of flesh, cutting close to the pit. Rotate and repeat until all flesh is removed.
- Brush mangoes with canola oil; place on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk lime juice, olive oil, sesame seeds, salt and, if desired, cilantro and mint. Add mangoes, cucumbers and avocados; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Mango & Avocado Salad in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p90