Grilled Lime-Balsamic Sweet Potatoes
For me, tailgating is about camaraderie and preparing food that’s good to grill. One of my favorites is sweet potatoes wedges. Yum! —Raquel Perazzo, West New York, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 10 min./batch
- 5 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white or regular balsamic glaze
- Peel and cut each sweet potato lengthwise into eight wedges; place in a large bowl. Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- In batches, cook potatoes on a greased grill rack, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients; add potatoes and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts5 potato wedges: 197 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tailgate Grilled Cilantro-Lime Sweet Potato in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Sep 18, 2017
I could only find regular balsamic glaze but white would have made prettier potatoes. Flavor was good but cooking time on the grill took a bit longer to get them to the right tenderness.