Grilled Leek Dip
Smoky leeks from the grill add punch to this creamy appetizer with veggies and chips. If baby Vidalia onions are available, I use those. —Ramona Parris, Acworth, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium leeks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Trim and discard dark green portions of leeks. Brush leeks with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill leeks, covered, over medium-high heat until lightly charred and tender, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly; chop leeks.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and remaining salt; stir in leeks. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving. Serve with vegetables.