Smoky leeks from the grill add punch to this creamy appetizer with veggies and chips. If baby Vidalia onions are available, I use those. —Ramona Parris, Acworth, Georgia
Featured In: 58 Summer Party Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium leeks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Trim and discard dark green portions of leeks. Brush leeks with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill leeks, covered, over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly; chop leeks.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and remaining salt; stir in leeks. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Grilled Leek Dip in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015