Grilled Lamb with Veggies
Lean lamb chops teamed with a colorful medley of vegetables make a special grilled meal that won't leave you with a sinkful of dishes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 sirloin lamb chops (about 1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cut each potato into 16 wedges. Divide potatoes and peppers between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. squares). Top each with 1/2 cup sauce; set remaining sauce aside. seal foil tightly. Grill vegetable packets and lamb chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Turn chops; baste with remaining sauce. Grill 5 minutes longer. Turn and baste again. Grill for 2 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1051 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 155g carbohydrate (88g sugars, 10g fiber), 72g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Lamb with Veggies in Quick Cooking March/April 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.