At your next barbecue, skip the burgers and toss these zippy marinated shrimp on the grill. Grace Yaskovic, a field editor from Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey, dresses up their great grilled flavor with a hint of orange and dashes of ginger and red pepper.
Recommended: 28 Red Lobster Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash ground ginger
- 2/3 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Jumbo Shrimp in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p13