Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1/2 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place jerk seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and ginger; set aside.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Brush with sauce mixture. Grill or broil 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Editor's Note: Caribbean jerk seasoning may be found in the spice aisle of your grocery store.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings
"When I made these, I BBQ'd them, basted with the sauce and then sprinkled them with the jerk seasoning liberally. It was better than shaking them in the bag and also the seasoning wouldn't come off when you basted them with the sauce doing it my way... I used drumsticks and thighs. I also sprinkled a little garlic powder and mixed in a teaspoon of sesame oil and a teaspoon of chili paste for a little bit of heat in the basting sauce. They were delicious."
"We love the Caribbean Jerk chicken that's served at a local restaurant. This was better than that! Delicious! and very easy to prepare. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs because they grill well without drying out. I used KC Masterpiece Honey BBQ sauce. Put a ton of the sauce on the chicken and still had half left over. My husband said we should plan to serve this dish at our next dinner party."
"You really need pimento wood to make these even better. Pimento wood is easily found on line and the smoke from the wood makes all the difference."
"These were just OK for us. I think 1/2 c. of Jerk Seasoning is way too much for 18 drumettes."
"This is AMAZING!! My husband loves Jerk chicken and so I thought I'd try these. I'm not usually successful with wings, but followed these directions and yummo! I had about 1/4 cup of jerk seasoning but was enough! I used spicy brown mustard too! SOO Good!!"
"Tried this recipe tonight and it was very good..I read the reviews before I started.I didnt have enough jerk seasoning so I added some caribbean seasoning and flour to the jerk. I only had regular bbq sauce so instead of adding just the mustard I added honey dijon mustard instead..It was very good and I will make this again but with not so much seasoning."
"Great flavor for sure! I recommend sprinkling the wings with the seasoning unless you love extremely spicy wings. The recipe in general was great though."
"These were extremely spicy but had a really great flavor. The next time I make them I will only sprinkle the wings with the jerk seasoning."