Grilled Italian Eggplant Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 10 slices
- 10 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn slices; spoon Parmesan mixture onto each. Top with tomato; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 134 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat.
Jun 9, 2013
Very good. I would give this 4 1/2 stars. Great vegetarian main dish. I served it with a simple basil/parsley angel hair pasta side dish and some grilled garlic bread.
Aug 23, 2012
Prepared this recipe as directed, using fresh garden tomatoes. The only change was to add more garlic. Excellent flavor and very satisfying. I will definitely make this again.
Sep 23, 2011
We tried it both with and without the skin on the eggplant but either way we just did not like it.
Aug 31, 2010
I didn't have fresh oregano and used dried. It was very tasty.
Aug 3, 2010
I absolutely would make this recipe again-so very yummy and quick too!
Jul 27, 2010
I decided to girll these up for lunch today. They were fast and easy to prepare and I thought they turned out exellent! My husband had to have something a little more substantial along with them, but i felt as though they were perfect for a hot/sticky summer day!
Jul 26, 2010
Had as a side dish and was wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.