I created this toasted sandwich last summer using homemade hummus and veggies from our garden. We really can't get enough! —Gunjan Gilbert, Franklin, Maine
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread hummus on two bread slices; top with turkey, tomato, cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Hummus Turkey Sandwich in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017