- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Huli Huli Chicken
"Delicious. Thanks for sharing a flavorful recipe. Enjoyed by all."
"I have made this several times and the only I did different was to add a little corn starch to the reserved sauce heating it to thicken it up and because I'm cooking for larger group of people I double the recipe. I have had equal success on the BBQ and the oven. The guys all crave this chicken!"
"I didn't use the broth plus I used chili sauce instead of soy sauce and it tasted great!"
"Excellent. This will become a new go to recipe!"
"Can't beat this recipe!!!!!!!"
"The grown ups loved the flavor of this marinade! I cubed the chicken and made kabobs. The kids complained A LOT with this one... yikes. It was good enough to make again for adults!!!!!"
"This recipe is outstanding!"
"Wow!! Did my guests ever enjoy this tasty grilled chicken! It didn't take long to disappear and everyone wanted the recipe!"
"Used for bone-in breasts. Wonderful flavor penetrates the chicken!"
"This chicken has great flavor! It's the perfect summer recipe!"