Grilled Honey-Mustard Brats
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 uncooked bratwurst links
- 8 brat buns
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add bratwurst. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the sauce to another bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Set aside remaining sauce for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill brats, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Baste with 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce; grill 3 minutes longer.
- Turn and baste with remaining sauce; grill or broil 3-5 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Serve brats on buns; top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 601 calories, 36g fat (10g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1403mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2014
These were great, I cooked them on the stove in my grill pan since I don't have a grill.
Feb 28, 2014
I made my own honey mustard for this recipe. The recipe turned out great. We will definitely be making this again. It was very simple and quick. It was great for a week night dinner. I had not tried honey mustard with Bratwurst before this but the flavors really go well together!
Jul 24, 2013
A great and easy was to add "oomph" to a bbq picnic. These are hearty and pair well with so many picnic foods. Try them with Taste of Home Three-Bean Bake Recipe.
Jul 22, 2013
Honey mustard is available everywhere. Try Walmart. I would not par-boil. Leaving them on the grill till they just split adds the true brat flavor you are really looking for. Make sure you buy the best sausage buns available and toast on grill. Make sure you turn with anything but a fork. Puncture wounds can really cost you flavor. Our go-to brats are from Publix supermarket. But any deli brat will give you a better meal.
Jul 22, 2013
Chatykathy45, honey mustard is available in most grocery stores in the mustard section of the condiment aisle. I can usually find name brands as well as store brands.
Jun 23, 2011
People rave over this recipe when I bring it to cookouts and ask for the recipe often. I parboil the brats first so the cooking time on the grill is reduced and they don't burn.
Jun 21, 2010
I've never had Brats so on this recipe how do I make honey mustard you really don't say what you use is it the honey mustard salad dressing any please help I want to serve this the 4th of July sounds good thanks
Jun 7, 2010
pboggeln: "1 cup honey mustard"
Jun 7, 2010
It's honey mustard brats - where's the HONEY?
May 29, 2010
I've made this recipe several times and it is always a hit!