We cook out all four seasons, so, I'm always in search of new marinades. We've been making these marvelous kabobs for years. They're a family favorite.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, thyme, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt if desired. Reserve half of marinade for basting; cover.
- Cut chicken into 1-in. wide strips; weave on skewers. Place in an 11x7-in. glass baking dish. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Brush frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Kabobs in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p94
Reviews forGrilled Honey-Garlic Chicken Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2010
"This was so easy to prepare and so delicious!! My husband and I really enjoyed this. I added cherry tomatoes, squash, zucchini and red onion to my skewers, which I also marinated."