Grilled Honey-Garlic Chicken Kabobs
We cook out all four seasons, so, I'm always in search of new marinades. We've been making these marvelous kabobs for years. They're a family favorite.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, thyme, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt if desired. Reserve half of marinade for basting; cover.
- Cut chicken into 1-in. wide strips; weave on skewers. Place in an 11x7-in. glass baking dish. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Brush frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 17g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Kabobs in Country Chicken Cookbook
Aug 12, 2010
This was so easy to prepare and so delicious!! My husband and I really enjoyed this. I added cherry tomatoes, squash, zucchini and red onion to my skewers, which I also marinated.