Grilled Honey Balsamic-Glazed Fruit
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1/2 cup glaze)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Dash salt
- 6 medium peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt; cook and stir over low heat until blended, 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture for brushing peaches.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir just until mixture begins to thicken slightly (do not overcook), 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush peaches with some of the reserved balsamic mixture. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat until caramelized, brushing occasionally with remaining reserved balsamic mixture, 6-8 minutes on each side. Serve with glaze and, if desired, ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 164 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 27, 2018
I'm giving this a pre-review.. because.. Vanilla Ice Cream is NEVER Optional!! :) I'll let y'all know how they taste.. with the ice cream!! :)
Aug 25, 2017
What a delicious recipe! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this easy dessert and I can't wait to make it again!
Mar 26, 2015
Oh my goodness! What an amazing combination! Just delicious. Perfect dessert for a nice summer outdoor dinner with company. They will gobble it up, and wish for more! I followed the recipe exactly. Wouldn't change a thing! We served it over vanilla ice cream, just like suggested. Thank you for the recipe!