Grilled Honey Balsamic-Glazed Fruit
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1/2 cup glaze)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Dash salt
- 6 medium peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt; cook and stir over low heat until blended, 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture for brushing peaches.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir just until mixture begins to thicken slightly (do not overcook), 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush peaches with some of the reserved balsamic mixture. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat until caramelized, brushing occasionally with remaining reserved balsamic mixture, 6-8 minutes on each side. Serve with glaze and, if desired, ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 164 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 24, 2019
Wow...Fantastic! I had to improvise when my peaches wouldn’t come off the pit easily. We did peach slices and instead of a grill, I used a cast iron griddle. So flippin’ delicious!
May 27, 2018
I'm giving this a pre-review.. because.. Vanilla Ice Cream is NEVER Optional!! :) I'll let y'all know how they taste.. with the ice cream!! :)
Aug 25, 2017
What a delicious recipe! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this easy dessert and I can't wait to make it again!
Mar 26, 2015
Oh my goodness! What an amazing combination! Just delicious. Perfect dessert for a nice summer outdoor dinner with company. They will gobble it up, and wish for more! I followed the recipe exactly. Wouldn't change a thing! We served it over vanilla ice cream, just like suggested. Thank you for the recipe!