- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Dash salt
- 6 medium peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt; cook and stir over low heat 2-3 minutes or until blended. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture for brushing peaches.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or just until mixture begins to thicken slightly (do not overcook). Remove from heat.
- Brush peaches with some of the reserved balsamic mixture. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until caramelized, brushing occasionally with remaining reserved balsamic mixture. Serve with glaze and, if desired, ice cream. Yield: 6 servings (1/2 cup glaze).
Reviews forGrilled Honey Balsamic-Glazed Fruit
"I'm giving this a pre-review.. because.. Vanilla Ice Cream is NEVER Optional!! :) I'll let y'all know how they taste.. with the ice cream!! :)"
"Oh my goodness! What an amazing combination! Just delicious. Perfect dessert for a nice summer outdoor dinner with company. They will gobble it up, and wish for more! I followed the recipe exactly. Wouldn't change a thing! We served it over vanilla ice cream, just like suggested. Thank you for the recipe!"