Grilled Herbed Pork Roast
During the summer, we enjoy cooking outdoors on our gas grill, and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare pork.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour + standing
- 2 tablespoons dill seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over pork roast.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; place a pan of water in the center. Grill roast, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 170 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Herbed Pork Roast in Country Extra July 2003