- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1 pound each and 3/8 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add ham steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ham steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Ham Steaks
"Good recipe, super simple and unique flavor from the clove. I served this with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob."