A simply spiced marinade gives mild sweet flavor to these tender grilled ham slices. "It's very good served with scrambled eggs for brunch," recommends Rita Deere of Evansville, Indiana. "We round out the meal with melon balls and buttered toast."
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 fully cooked ham slices (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade over ham; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Ham Slices in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p10