Grilled Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat or white bread
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Combine eggs, ham, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; spread on six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread and set aside. In a bowl, whisk batter ingredients until well blended.
- 2. Heat about 1/2 in. of oil in a large deep skillet. Dip sandwiches into batter. Fry in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches
"I made this only once and long ago but it didn't stand out as nothing that great. Infact I thought it was kinda greasy. maby I didn't drain them that well on paper towels. Maby I'll try it again though some time because it does sound so good. I'll try not to use so much oil to fry these in but maby I'll use Pam cooking spray?"
"These sandwhiches are so good! Can't wait to make them again."
"I made this recipe for supper a lot of times before I let someone borrow the copy it was in. Thank goodness I found the recipe again. I have been craving these sandwiches."
"I have been making these for years. They are the best egg salad sandwiches I have ever tasted."